Friday, July 10, 2009

July 4th



Well well, I'm so


sorry I have been slow with my updates. I have been so busy with the publication of my cook book, and creating new recipes I lost track of time. But i want to take some time to share one of my newest recipes. I like to call this one " God Bless Breakfast" Its a very simple recipe like I think I can share with you all.




1 cup all-purpose flour OR white whole wheat flour (or ½ cup of each)


2 Tablespoons sugar


2 teaspoons baking powder (if you’re using all-purpose flour) OR 2 ½ teaspoons if you’re using white whole wheat flour


½ teaspoon salt


1 cup milk


1 large egg


2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly


Canola oil, for the skillet


red food coloring, and Raspberry extract


In a small bowl mix together the Flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and set aside.


In another bowl mix milk, egg and butter. For a fluffier pancake make sure milk and egg are at room temperature before mixing.


Fold wet and dry ingredients together......now do this GENTLY you dont want to over mix it!


Divide batter in half and add a couple drops of red food coloring to one bowl, and a couple drops of raspberry extract too. Now you could use fresh raspberries as well.....But Mama said they are to darn expensive right now. (Sorry for telling on you ma)


now heat your skillet or griddle to medium heat, make sure its just lightly coated with oil. You dont need to deep fry your American Breakfast! Slowing add about 3 Tablespoons of batter to pan, cook until small bubbles appear on pancake! Then flip over and cooke the other side about three minutes.


Once all your pancakes are finished, lay them out flat and using a star cookie cutter make all kinds of stars.


Then its all up to you to make a American Flag. Blueberries work Perfect for the stars!


Enjoy!


God Blass America and God Bless you ....(thats for you Gramma!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ava

    This is a very inventive breakfast. You are so talented in creating food. you should make this for me some week-end or I'll have to hire a chef to make it for me. That would cut into my flavored water budget.

    Love PaPa

    ReplyDelete