Wednesday, June 17, 2009

STRAWBERRIES!!!!














Well Summer is offically here now! Tuesday morning we got up bright and early and headed to Doles Orchard in Limington! Its was alot of fun, and to my surpise the girls actually got into it. I had a fear that Maezy would run like a mad women, Poppi would scream, and Ava would tell everyone in the field how they should be picking....but it all turned out Great.
unfortunately Ava will not be sharing her recipe with you this evening.... She said she would like you to all enjoy her Strawberry Rhubarb pie, BUT...She will have to make it for you. It is her secret recipes that she has been planning for years she said, and the first to taste it will have to be Her Daddy. So there it sits in the kitchen so badly wanting to be eaten, but it will have to wait!
She did add that she will post her recipes at a later date, but will not tell the "Magic" touch!
The crust came out wonderful, and it was homemade! Something her Mom could never make very well. (thank you Philsbury)
So now we leave you with the craving for a Summer pie.......


2 comments:

  1. AVA!

    This is by far THE VERY BEST Strawberry Rhubarb Pie; no, scratch that; THE MOST UNBELIEVEABLE, MOST DELICIOUS, FLAVORFUL, GOOIEST, SWEETEST, BEST, AWESOME, YUMMY, MMM MMM GOOD, DID I MENTION THE BEST, MOST TERRIFIC, WONDERFUL, TASTIEST, BETTER THAN ANYTHING I'VE EVER EATEN (and I've eaten a lot of things), SWEEP YOU OFF YOUR FEET, PUT ME ON A SKIRT AND CALL ME SALLY, SOMEONE GET ME A TOWEL SO I CAN WIPE MY MOUTH, PINCH ME BECAUSE I THINK I'M DREAMING, RIPLEY'S BELEIVE IT OR NOT, WIN PLACE AND SHOW, PULL ON THE REINS AND STOP THIS HORSEY, DID I MENTION THE BEST, MOST DELICIOUS, ANY KIND OF FOOD THAT I HAVE TASTED IN MY WHOLE LIFE BY A MILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Great work sweetie pie! (No pun intended.) I think that everyone everywhere should have a piece of this heaven, err pie! Way to go kiddo!
    Love you from here to the moon!
    LOVE, DADDY!

    P.S. I wish i could have some for breakfast. Also I had to leave the leftovers because it wouldn't be fair if you couldn't share this with someone else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ava

    I've never had Strawberry Rhubarb Pie before. Auntie jess loves it. You can use the Rhubarb I'm growing to make us one. Maybe we can ask the man up the street from me if we can have some of his, or wait until he's sleeping (kidding). Not really, maybe we can sneak up there this Friday night.

    Love papa

    ReplyDelete